Undergraduate Science Programs
Life Sciences Program
The Life Sciences Program at Alfaisal University is an interdisciplinary program at the interface of Biology, Chemistry, environmental and Biomedical Sciences. It brings together many science disciplines to help students learn how living systems work, and how organisms interact with one another and their environments. The program provides undergraduate students with a rigorous scientific foundation in all the basic sciences and offers specialized courses ranging from microbiology to biotechnology. To better prepare students graduating from this program for a variety of career opportunities, the program is infused with scientific writing, individually guided research, and critical thinking and communication requirements. The program is designed to contain a rich collection of core and elective courses that allow flexibility to accommodate student’s individual interests and career goals. The curriculum will also equip the students with all the requirements needed to pursue research and graduate studies in science, medicine, environmental, and technology disciplines.
The mission of the program is to disseminate knowledge in the area of life sciences and to nurture the next generation of research scientists, biotechnological entrepreneurs, environmental scientists, educators, and biomedical professionals to be active members of their communities in developing a knowledge-based economy. The program aims to provide high quality, internationally competitive, and student-centered education by offering innovative courses and involving students in interdisciplinary world-class research programs.
- Build world-class educational program in the area of life sciences and related fields by offering innovative courses and involving students in interdisciplinary world-class research programs.
- Offer courses to equip students with all the requirements to pursue research and graduate studies in science, technology, environmental, and biomedical disciplines.
- Produce graduates who have the knowledge and skills to become leaders who will promote development of knowledge-based economy as research scientists, biotechnology entrepreneurs, educators, environmental scientists, and biomedical professionals.
- Provides undergraduate students with a rigorous scientific foundation to tackle current challenges and to create opportunities for research and development that support national goals.
The Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences offers two tracks for students to choose from: Biological Sciences & Nanotechnology, and Environmental Sciences & Sustainability. The first two years are common for all tracks, and in the 3rd year students start taking courses that are specific for the track of their choice. Student also have access to a variety of advanced electives courses to choose from including cancer biology, forensic science, medicinal chemistry, and bioinformatics. See information below for more details about the Life Sciences Program Curriculum and to the specific tracks offered by the program.
- The College of Science & General Studies offers 50% scholarships to top students admitted to the Life Sciences program
- Other scholarships offered by Alfaisal University visit: https://admissions.alfaisal.edu/en/scholarship